Monday, June 17, 2013

2nd Annual Celebrate for A Cause!

Katie and Casidy's 2nd Annual Celebrate for A Cause
 
 Its that time of year: Katie and Casidy's Second Annual Celebrate for A Cause Fundraiser in honor of our birthdays!  This year we will be collecting donations for two non profit organizations that made a difference in our lives this year: Ronald McDonald House and Athens Mothers' Center. All monetary gifts we receive will be donated to these two organizations, and we will also make our own donation to both groups.

 In appreciation of our friends' and families' generosity and a year of good health, Casidy has already run two kilometers on her birthday, and I will run 43 kilometers on mine. This isn't part of an organized race, we just go out and do it on our own! So, I hope that everyone will consider a donation this year--last year people were amazing.


Casidy pulled the "I'm a baby" card and split her "run" up over two days.  The first day she ran one kilometer  to Anna Ruby Falls near Unicoi State Park.
Casidy did the second half of her "run" on her actual birthday, and ran one kilometer on the Brasstown Bald trail and enjoyed the highest point in Georgia on the way.


Katie's run is planned for the weekend of June 28, and she will try to run the entire 43 kilometers.  Rest assured that she will certainly suffer for your donations!

Please use the button below to donate.
No donation is too small (or too  big;)--it really adds up. 

 100% of all donations go directly to the Ronald McDonald House or the Athens Mothers' Center.  Please shoot me an email if you feel strongly about which organization you would like to receive your donation. Also, tax receipts can be provided upon request, just let me know.

 And, if you happen to be wary of online donations, we also accept cash or checks!  Message me if you need my address. 

Many thanks! 






2 comments:

The Mize of Texas said...

I love that you are back! You must update more regularly!

Katie said...

Yes, I am terrible!!!! I do plan on updating more. This post sort of got me in the mood.