Friday, July 1, 2016

5th Annual Birthday Challenge-46K

This year marks the 5th Anniversary of the Birthday Challenge (for charity).  Next weekend, in Greensville, SC, I'll be running (one way or another) 46 kilometers.  Rather than ask my friends and family to make donations, this year I will be asking everyone to do a good deed sometime in the next few weeks. If you are in, leave a comment on one of my Facebook posts (maybe letting me know some details of your deed) or chat with me about it.  And, if you would just as soon donate some cash and  forget about the whole thing (as some of you have mentioned), then, yes, my PayPal link can be found below.  Any monies collected with go to Dolly Pardon's Imagination Library (in memory of Pat's aunt Mary, a life-long promoter of literacy).  If you don't know about this great literacy program that provides a monthly book to kids from birth until their 5th birthday, you can read up here https://imaginationlibrary.com/
Here is a picture from last year's 45K!


If you are new to the Birthday Challenge concept, you can read more about it in the post below.


No comments: