Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Games, Games, Games

Now, I remember one of the things people in cold climates do to entertain themselves during the winter months: play games. I didn't seem to take many Christmasy pictures but I have plenty of us doing silly things because of these games.
I have a special fondness for any game that makes my husband look silly, and Cranium Jr. didn't disappoint. I think Pat had to find something that would fit around his head during this game with his family.
He had to push something with his nose for this task.
Kerrie, Brian and Timmy had to balance a cube on their noses for this one.
Then Kerrie and Brian had to stack cubes into a tower while intertwined.
After all the games, we were very tired.
Our nephew on my side got Apples to Apples for Christmas, and my extended family played before our annual gift exchange. Here my cousin, Lara, explains the rules to us, since we had never played.
I highly recommend Apples to Apples, it is really fun! However, there isn't much logic to being the winner which is hard for competitive people to accept.
Beth, my sister in law, on the right, won the game easily, by asserting that "THE IRS" best represented the word "patriotic" and other nonsense.
Next Post: More Southern California Outings

2 comments:

Audra said...

Love Pat's bandana!

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! I haven't tried Cranium Jr., but nothing makes me laugh till I cry like a good game of regular Cranium. I think my favorite was when a friend of mine sprawled on the floor and pantomimed performed a quadruple bypass on himself.