Thursday, February 19, 2009

Friends in Seattle

One of the neatest thing about my recent trip to Seattle was that I got to see several friends. Here are the highlights:

On Friday night, we went out to a cool bar called "the Ram." Pat got to meet up with his buddy Raul who used to coach at Long Beach State but has recently moved on to the University of Washington. There were lots of track coaches hanging about, talking fervently about who might or might not run very fast the next day. Blah, blah, blah...

Meanwhile, Audra and I enjoyed very large beers and had our own entertaining conversations. Audra is Raul's girlfriend, and she worked with me in Long Beach at the Girl Scouts.

On Saturday, I got to catch up with some longtime friends, David Ing and Tom Andringa. They both worked with Pat and I in Yellowstone, so many years ago. Tom was my roommate one summer but I am not sure I have seen him since. It was so much fun to catch up with him. The crazy part is that he has applied to work in Yellowstone again this summer, after many years away. I can't wait to hear his stories...


And it was awesome to see David Ing again. As many of you know, David holds a special place in our hearts because David was the officiant at our wedding. He did a magnificent job and has since gone on to perform several more wedding ceremonies. We don't get to see him nearly enough.

NEXT UP: The sights of Seattle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many times did you have to use the facilities while you were drinking those beers?!? Yikes!!